There is a lot of browser extensions developed by the community, here are my favorites.
All of this following extensions can be found in the HackerFox suite.
- Calomel SSL Validation : validate the grade of security of the SSL connection. The button will change color depending on the strength of encryption.
- HackBar : perfect to test SQL injections. Easy to use and some options like encoding (base64, url, hex), encryption (md5, sha-256, rot13). You can also alter POST data and your referer.
- HttpFox : display informations about the query : headers, cookies, POST data, time and so on…
- Live HTTP Headers : with this addon, you can replay any request and modify all datas sent.
- Tamper Data : used to intercept request and view/modify headers and post parameters.
- User Agent Switcher : usefull to change your User Agent in case an application apply filter on it.
- ViewStatePeeker : decode and reveal viewstate contents of an *.aspx page with a single right click.
- Wappalyzer : displays the tools and technology used by the visiting web site.
- Web Developer : this powerful addon is a must have for every one concerned by web development. It will show you everything you need to know about images, forms, cookies, headers, css, html in the current page. Plus it adds various tools to the browser.
to be continued…